Quite often you will see redesigns, but not simply redevelops. I decided I still like the design of my portfolio/blog, but it definitely needed some updating on the backend. I have learned so much about manipulating WordPress that my own portfolio deserved the respect of a cleanup.
The original theme I was using was one that I admittedly purchased and tweaked to my liking, but I felt the need to scratch just about everything, and develop the whole thing myself. This way I would know my site from the inside out, as well as be able to add a few design tweaks that I have been wanting.
The biggest design change is to the homepage which is 90% new content. Some of the other changes are mostly to the way I am displaying the blog posts, and search results, as well as nitty gritty details in font treatments, and colors.
Until next time…